- The contract of hire shall be between the Holidaymaker and the Owner and is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- A deposit of 25% of the rental is required when the booking form is submitted. Four weeks or less before the commencement of the holiday the balance of the holiday will be due to be paid. . Non payment of the balance monies, when they become due, will constitute cancellation of the holiday and forfeiture of the deposit payment.
- Cancellation of the booking must be made in writing by the Holidaymaker. The effective date of the cancellation will be the date it is received by the Owner. If the cancellation date is more than four weeks prior to commencement of the holiday, only the deposit will be forfeited. If the cancellation date is less than four weeks prior to commencement of the holiday, the full rental charge will be incurred, unless the Owner is able to re-let the Property for the whole of the rental period. In the unlikely event that the Owner cancels a confirmed booking, all monies received will be returned and there will be no further liability to or by the Owner. The Holidaymaker is advised to take out their own holiday cancellation insurance cover.
- The period of hire shall be from 3pm on the day of arrival and the Property must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated or agreed in writing.
- In no circumstances may the number of people occupying the Property exceed the number stated in the booking form.
- Dogs are not allowed unless by prior agreement . Where a dog or other pet is brought into the Property which has not been agreed to prior to the commencement of the booking period the Owner reserves the right to evict the Holidaymaker and make an additional charge of £50 to cover extra cleaning costs.
- The booking is made on the understanding that the Property is available to the Holidaymaker on the dates stated. If for any reason beyond the Owner's control (e.g. fire, storm damage, illness) the Property is not available on the date booked the Owner will use his best endeavor to locate alternative accommodation for the Holidaymaker but cannot guarantee that such will be located and if such cannot be found or is not suitable for the Holidaymaker then all monies paid by the Holidaymaker shall be returned in full.
- Submission of a signed booking form with deposit or full amount paid, will be deemed to be an acceptance of these conditions and a confirmation of the details set out on the booking form. The person who signs the booking form warrants that he/she is authorized to agree to these terms and conditions and is acting on behalf of all persons including those substituted or who join the party at a later date. The person who signs the booking form is responsible for ensuring that all persons occupying the Property comply with the terms and conditions and in all respects. Any Property occupied is strictly on the basis that the accommodation is for holiday use only and that no right to remain in the Property after the end of the holiday period booked exists for the Holidaymaker or for any person or persons who occupy the Property. All persons will vacate the Property at the conclusion of the period of the holiday.
- The hired Property shall be used solely for holiday purposes and the Holidaymaker shall not sub-let the Property, or any part of the Property, or any equipment from the Property.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Property.
- The Holidaymaker shall at all times maintain the Property and its contents in a clean and tidy condition and accept the Property as it is equipped at the commencement of hire. The Holidaymaker must check the Property and its contents immediately on arrival and notify the Owner or his representative immediately of any faults or damaged items. The Holidaymaker is expected to leave the holiday accommodation in the same state of cleanliness, general repair and the order in which it was found. An additional charge may be made if extra cleaning is required. The Holidaymaker shall be liable to the Owner for any loss, costs, expenses or claims arising from any damage caused to the Property and/or its contents by the deliberate or negligent act or omission of the Holidaymaker or of any person in his/her party. If, as a result of such damage, the Property or any of its contents need to be repaired or any of the contents need to be replaced then the Holidaymaker shall be responsible for paying the reasonable costs of doing so.
- If in the unlikely event that the Holidaymaker, for any reason, is not satisfied with the accommodation, the Owner or his representative must be contacted so that the problem can be rectified immediately.
- The Holidaymaker shall allow the Owner, his representative or employees entry to the premises for all reasonable purposes having given notice where possible.
- Whilst the Owner has used his best endeavors to ensure accuracy of all information supplied and details of the Property is given in good faith, no warranty is given as to their accuracy and he does not accept responsibility or liability for any loss or damage resulting from information given or statements made whether orally or in writing.
- Internet is available free of charge but there may rare occasions where it is not available.
- Car Park is available at the owners risk.
In these terms and conditions:
a) “the Owner” shall mean the owner of the Property;
b) “the Property” shall mean The Victorian Lodge
a) “the Holidaymaker" shall mean the person signing the booking form